Sunday, March 9, 2008

Challenges for my disciples

Last week, in a temporeal sense, I appeared to two of my athletes and set them a challenge: row a boat with four men and a lady as fast as can be rowed.

Drew and Henry took up this challenge and recruited for the boat. They did not listen properly to the challenge, however, and put a big girl in three seat, and a woman who is as strong as a man in the direction seat. Not something I had planned, but it is up to my disciples to find their own pathways after a fashion.

I appeared to my disciples somewhat too close to the finish of the race to question them on their effort. The fact that I appeared during the race seems to have come as some concern to mmy athletes, as they stated that they had "seen God" during the race. No, children, just your guru.

This lack of comprehension of my instructions, my appearance, and my teachings, is prompting me to assess my involvement with these disciples. I shall not push away any who seek me
, but I shall test and question their commitment yet further.

It is in such spirit that another disciple has found his way through the wastelands to my fold. He has gone so far as to change his name to resemble mine, and to release a range of appropriately designed leisurewear that is appropriate for both meditation sessions in the temple of steel and alimentary sessions in whatever boutique neighbourhood takes your fancy.

Until the next time, this is Master Yung Young. You are somewhat lesser, but still great.

No comments: